Sunday, May 24, 2009

Randy Responds

Let me start by saying I am not a writer. I once thought I was but realized I am just a guy who writes.

I really enjoyed reading that last article. I'll be reading more about The Black Tuna guy. I liked the other views as well, except one. I got to one paragraph and moved on to the next, thinking I should have done it sooner. Here it is:

"If healthy pilots can’t respond effectively in the cockpit 24 hours after smoking a low-grade marijuana cigarette, do we really want our kids transported to and from school by a school bus driver who smoked one or two joints the night before? How do we ensure the cop on the beat, who’s carrying a badge and gun, hasn’t smoked marijuana 24 hours before entering onto duty once the drug is legal? And what about those pilots?" - Whatshisname from previous post.

How many crashes were there from pilots who didn't smoke pot? How many from ones who had "just a bracer" of whiskey pre-flight or half a bottle the night before, "without reservations?"
How many pot related school bus accidents have you heard about in your community? How many non-pot related? And, isn't pot illegal? Then why are the police smoking up?

There. I already spent too much time on that guy. Skip him and read the rest. One thing came to mind. What I really want is to be able to grow my own plant(s). Maybe 10 to keep a constant supply. When they talk about taxation and government control, I still see a 6 month mandatory for growing even 1 plant. How else will they keep a majority of smokers from growing their own?

As far as school kids go. I don't think they drink as much until university or college. Is pot more detrimental to studies than say, Xbox or Sony? If decriminalized, perhaps more kids would be open about their pot use. Perhaps more parents could use it as a tool to increase attention at school. "If you want to toke and play Xbox AFTER school, you better get your grades up."

Maybe. That is where we stand. That is where we stand on many issues. Lots of maybees not enough let's see. I look around and see failure in many places. We complain about politicians, lawyers, the legal system and a sundry of issues that we just perpetuate with each election. Maybe we need a BIG CHANGE. Maybe we need a whole new breed.

I am not a conspiracy theorist or anything, but I do read many an espionage novel that sprs many wnat-ifs. So what if "those really in control" decided that marijuana was worth much more to them legalized than not. What if word came down that pot was good? Would all the laws change overnight? Do we have those puppet masters? If so, they are the ones pro-legalizationists need to ne going after.

end of ramble..........................

Cheers,
Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Thumbs Up"
Randy
420-friendly.com


About Me

My photo
I am a single dad. I like playing on the computer. I smoke pot. I am slowly becoming a legalization activist. I am an open book, but only if you ask.